Psydra Games LLC
Based in North America
April 30th, 2012
Dark Scavenger is a bizarre point-and-click RPG adventure with a focus on exploration, gaining loot, and meaningful choices. Filling the role of a powerful space traveler, you find yourself stranded on a mysterious planet in the company of three eccentric, yet resourceful aliens. As you desperately seek a way to repair your ship, a massive conflict unfolds around you involving warring factions and a sinister force that threatens to destroy them all. Will you adopt the problems of this world as your own or will you just save yourself?
Development of Dark Scavenger began in late 2010. It started off as a simple text adventure based off a pen-and-paper RPG our designer created in high school. Over the course of development however, it evolved into an RPG/Adventure with hand drawn art and deep turn-based combat. In 2012, we released Dark Scavenger on our website, and now two years later we are preparing for the Steam release!
- Unique Dark Comedy Sci-Fi Narrative driven entirely by your choices. Each encounter has multiple outcomes!
- Earn Tons of Loot and convert it into bizarre equipment!
- Deep Turn Based Combat which utilizes equipment combinations to exploit enemy weaknesses!
- Epic Boss Battles with multiple forms.
- New Game Plus Mode lets you see what you missed the first time around!
- Tons of Secrets that you will probably never find.
Dark Scavenger Launch Trailer YouTube
Dark Scavenger Let's Play by Zen And Cyrrene YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Honorable mention in the 2012 Independent Propeller Awards."
- "Showcase Finalist at the Boston Festival of Indie Games. "
- "Official selection for the Left Field Collection at the 2012 Rezzed PC and Indie Games Show"
- "One of the 10 Best Indie Games at the Rezzed PC and Indie Games show - independent.co.uk"
- "Dark Scavenger is one of the most genuinely funny, well written games I've ever played and stand side-by-side with titles like Grim Fandango and Monkey Island. It is THAT good. "
- Staff, IndieStatik
- "Dark Scavenger takes an iteration of the RPG genre that is generally thought of as obsolete and breathes fresh life into it "
- Kyri Patarou, Strategy Informer
- "Dark Scavenger features more silliness and oddity than any other game I've played this year. "
- Adam Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Dark Scavenger is a quirky, offbeat, and delightful twist on RPG adventures."
- Nick Tylwalk, Gamezebo
- "If you're a fan of indie games, RPGs, laughing, and making meaningful decisions, then you should definitely pick this up."
- Armaan Khan, True PC Gaming
- "If refined but old-school mechanics were all that Dark Scavenger brought to the table, I would happily recommend it. Throw in some clever, knowing, and genuinely funny writing, and I'd move this game up into 'must-have' territory."
- Mike Eaton, Twinfinite
- "In all, Dark Scavenger is an awesome RPG that deserves multiple playthroughs. The game has an incredible story, hilarious writing, and unique characters. Give it a shot- you won't regret it."
- Jourdan Cameron, Blackman'N Robin
Yes, you can monetize videos of our game. More details here: darkscavenger.com.
About Psydra Games LLC
Psydra Games is a small team of working industry professionals from all over North America who banded together to make awesome games.
More information on Psydra Games LLC, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Dark Scavenger Credits
Writer, Designer, Project Director
QA, Marketing, Other Stuff